A dry eye treatment where the Meibomian glands are manually expressed using an instrument specially developed by Dr. Robert Lin. Often times patients who experience Meibomian Gland Dysfunction will suffer from stagnant secretions in their glands. Stagnant secretions can cause a blockage at the gland opening, irritation to the eye, inadequate eye lubrication, and proper prevention of tear evaporation. Draining the glands through manual expression can help promote the production of new secretions.
Block Tear Ducts to promote more tears in the eyes.
- Hydrates over a period of 10 minutes
- Easily removed via irrigation of the tear duct if patient decides to reverse treatment
- Biocompatible, no foreign body sensation
- More comfortable to the patient
- Over 50% of all patients suffer from some type of dry eye and blepharitis symptoms.
- BlephEx® is a new, in-office procedure that allows us to take an active role in treating dry eye and blepharitis.
- BlephEx® removes excess bacteria, biofilm and bacterial toxins, the main causes of inflammatory dry eye and lid disease.
- With regular treatments, patients finally enjoy a life free from the chronic and irritating symptoms associated with dry eye and blepharitis.
- The BlephEx® treatment is well tolerated and only takes a few minutes to perform.
- BlephEx® can save the patient hundreds of dollars in the costs of prescription drops and artificial tears.
- See IQ Laser Vision for this latest breakthrough in eyecare technology and dry eye treatment.
The MiBoFlo Thermoflo® is a new therapeutic device for the treatment of dry eye. It employs a proprietary thermoelectric heat pump designed to liquify blocked secretions and improve meibomian glandular function. MiBo improvess the evaporative component of dry eye.
The MiBo delivers an effective temperature of 108 degrees within a variance of less than 3%. The unit has an adjustable timer allowing for physician-controlled customization of therapy.
The LipiFlow Activator safely and comfortably treats the meibomian glands with their Vectored Thermal Pulse technology by delivering therapeutic temperatures to the lid region while an intelligent pressure feedback loop sends pulsed sequences to expel blockages in the glands.
LipiScan with Dynamic Meibomian Imaging™ (DMI) distinctively images meibomian gland structure allowing eye care professionals to efficiently and effortlessly evaluate Meibomian Gland health in a practice setting.
Please print the form and bring it with you on your consultation day.